How do you imagine health and care in 2029 in an era of digital transformation?
|EHTEL is working towards imagining the future of health and care systems in 2029. It encourages active input from all the members of its ecosystem. To move ahead, it is including relevant, exciting advances from the European Union-supported projects in which the association participates, as well as from its own working groups and task forces.|
Looking forward to 2029 and a digital future for health and care
2021 has already shown how technologies are influencing the way health and care are organised and are seen. This change is happening at a moment when – as a result of the 2019-2020 COVID-19 outbreak – health and care challenges are affecting so forcefully the way we live. They are changing the daily routine of each and every one of us, disrupting our social and working lives, and offering us opportunities to get more involved in health and social care management and provision.
EHTEL is operating in this new era of digital health and care as a large-scale collaboration. EHTEL will continue to work with its members, helping you to join forces to propose and implement new solutions, make progress, and confront the serious challenges we all face in health and care.
The 2021 Work Programme
In 2021, EHTEL is strengthening its role as a key collaboration platform. It is bringing together as a whole the various parts of the digital health ecosystem. It is focusing on capacity-building and education, and drawing on current use cases to bridge the gap between theory and practice.
This year, EHTEL’s work will be structured around three key work streams:
- Health Data Spaces and Ecosystems, aiming to consolidate the work done in previous years by the ELO Network and the Digital Integrated Care Taskforce.
- Hybrid care, focused on how to mainstream virtual care with new models of care.
- “Mind the gap”, working towards creating connections between EHTEL members’ needs and ideas.
What is EHTEL doing?
Following in the footsteps of what it started to do in 2020, this year EHTEL will:
- Hold around ten webinars and workshops, with the support of the different projects EHTEL is part of and thanks to collaboration among its various working groups and task forces.
- Pay special attention to hot topics emerging in the Horizon Europe programme– like artificial intelligence, machine learning, and challenges to mental health.
- Bring together all of EHTEL’s 2021 accomplishments at the association’s end-of-year annual Symposium.
The 2021 Work programme ... beyond and before
Focusing on the digital future in health and care, the 2021 work programme will focus on a wide range of technologies, such as artificial intelligence, big data, robotics, mHealth, digital therapeutics, and the use of real-world data in a period of up to ten years ahead. Given this timeline, many other digital health-related topics will surely come on board this year!
To take a look back in time at EHTEL’s heritage of work on developing future components of digital health, discover the EHTEL 20th Anniversary page.