On 14 - 15 November 2022, seven partners, including EHTEL, jointly launched the Digital Health Uptake (DHU) project, bringing together a group of research organisations, businesses as well as intergovernmental and multistakeholder associations at EU, national and regional level.
Funded by the European Commission under the Digital Europe Programme, DHU aims to facilitate the alignment of policies, strategies, instruments and activities to advance the uptake of digital health solutions and services in Europe.
Specifically, this two-year long project will:
- Monitor and analyse the uptake and use of digital solutions across Europe, mapping the needs and addressing key barriers faced by both demand and supply sides.
- Increase knowledge and monitoring capacities and facilitate exchanges and cooperation.
- Foster scaling up, mutual learning and transfer of innovative practices within and across borders.
Consolidating the landscape of digital health solutions and fostering cross-border scaling up
Digital tools have become crucial to the operation of Europe’s health and care systems. The shift to digital health and care transformation has sped up across Europe, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic, yet many gaps remain, stressing the need for hybrid approaches that bring together both the virtual and physical.
DHU aims to bridge this gap by:
- coordinating health stakeholders to integrate digital solutions along the continuum of health and care
- provide an up-to-date overview of digital health solutions and services in Europe. DHU will set up a Radar to collect, analyse and continuously monitor the potential of technological innovation and the uptake of digital health solutions.
- analyse the collected resources to consolidate existing knowledge and synthesise it into easy-to-understand and accessible information.
- foster further knowledge exchange among health authorities and involved stakeholders, leading to new partnerships and collaboration.
DHU partners join together to launch the project's activities on digital health solutions uptake
EHTEL and six other partners bring together a group of research organisations, businesses, and intergovernmental and multistakeholder associations that operate at European, national and regional levels.
EHTEL is leading DHU’s work on the acceleration of digital health solutions adoption and it co-leads activities on dissemination and communication in collaboration with other DHU partners. It will identify tools and methodologies to provide technical assistance and training so as to offer these to digital solutions’ implementers.
EHTEL has a longstanding track record of engaging in meaningful services, enabled through adoption methodologies, in the domain of digital health. To do this, EHTEL has fostered stakeholder dialogue – both formally and informally – with many other groups. The association has enabled an active dialogue with European policymakers, projects, initiatives and with fellow stakeholder organisations in the field. Examples of EHTEL’s work include activities in the JAseHN Joint Action and in projects like SCIROCCO Exchange, Momentum, and vCare.
EHTEL welcomes staying in touch with all stakeholders which share an interest in digital health services and establishing national and regional solutions that offer meaningful support to cross-border healthcare services. EHTEL works on this subject in close contact with the relevant EC bodies and initiatives. EHTEL members are heartily encouraged to get involved in policy formation in the field of digital transformation of health and care.
Active involvement and engagement in DHU’s activities with wider networks are warmly invited.